desktop media size

I'd like to get a statement from the CD team for this page --
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktop/Requalification/Jessie
Which asks, for each desktop:

Does the desktop fit on the media (CD(?), DVD, usb) we want to be able
to contain a complete desktop environment?

---

My feeling as a somewhat member of the CD team is that, if the default
desktop is gnome, we can make a gnome DVD which is also suitable size
for a small USB key (4 gb), and there is not any point in having a
single CD that doesn't fit all of gnome. While if the default desktop
is xfce, we might be able to cram it all into one CD (does it still fit?).

--
see shy jo