Installation of Debian-Testing-AMD64, DVD and Netinst, Fails on ASUS Eeepc 1215B

I've tried installing Debian-Testing-AMD64 (5-30-2014 and 6-9-2014 weekly) builds (DVD and netinst versions) on my ASUS Eeepc 1215B. In all cases the installation fails after the "Detecting Network Hardware" progress bar.

I confirmed that the same downloads work successfully on a different PC..

I think there may be a problem relative to the Eeepc hardware.

--Marc