Re: 7.5 DVD 2 ISO damaged

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 06:37:18AM -0500, Charles Parkhurst wrote:
>I first downloaded the torrent for all of them, the AMD64, which would be
>the only type of checksum completed on my end. I also grabbed the straight
>download off of your main website.

OK. I've just checked debian-7.5.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso and I can't see
anything wrong. From your original problem report:

>Found that when I am extracting the ISO into a folder, it creates a
>debian folder that is continuous and the file name structure becomes
>too large.

There's a sym-link in the root of the disc:

lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root      1 Apr 26 14:39 debian -> .

but that's a common thing that exists on *all* the DVD images. Maybe
the tool you were using to extract the contents of the DVD doesn't
cope with sym-links?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/