Bug#746746: syslinux 6.x to unstable on 2014-05-17
now that the last revision of syslinux left NEW i would like to upload
syslinux 6.x to unstable in two weeks (2104-04-17).
however, syslinux 6.x has a few incompatible changes:
* upstream: with the addition of efi support, syslinux modules are
now stored in a different location, e.g:
* upstream: since syslinux 5.x, some bootloaders need additional
loader files (ldlinux.*) to be copied to the medium.
for syslinux/extlinux this is already handled automatically,
for the 'manual' bootloaders (isolinux/pxelinux), this needs to
be done manually.
* upstream: since syslinux 5.x, modules have dependencies, e.g:
using vesamenu.c32, you also need libutil.c32 and libcom32.c32
for more information, see:
* debian: with the addition of efi support, syslinux bootloaders
are packaged separately, e.g.:
isolinux.bin is in isolinux, pxelinux is in pxelinux, etc.
packages re-using the syslinux bootloaders should depend on
these individual bootloader packages.
the following packages are affected, i've send patches accordingly:
* debian-cd: #746746
* debian-installer: #746743
* ipxe: #746747
* libguestfs: #746748
* refit: #746749
* unetbootin: #746751
* live-build: will do myself
* syslinux-themes-debian: is orphaned; will take care of that
Address: Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern