Re: Changes for d-i, tasksel and d-cd

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:39:31 Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Thoughts?

Fedora, CentOS, Mageia, Linux Mint, Open SuSE, the Ubuntu family (except for
Lububtu) et al live discs no longer fit on a CD.

Debian must be the only major distribution that does not provide live
installation discs as the main installation method.  However, the Debian
derivitives Antix, Knoppix, Mepis do provide compressed live discs.

I have not done the research for this, but I suspect that a live xfce CD would
be a better option than the classic installation CD.

If the netinst was a live disc it could well be smaller and more convienent.

I need to compare Lubuntu and the first Debian CD installed sizes.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business