Re: Next (old)stable point releases
On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 18:35 +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
[I don't appear to have Jonathan's mail - and nor do the list archives -
so piggy-backing on Joey's.]
> > We're much longer overdue for oldstable (February) than we are for stable
> > (June); if we stagger them, should we consider oldstable first?
It would quite probably be easier to do stable first, despite the above.
We have a few packages in both p-u and o-p-u currently which are newer
upstream versions (mostly via security), such that p-u > o-p-u > stable
> oldstable. If the oldstable point release occurs first, we either have
to not include those packages until 6.0.9 or temporarily have oldstable
> stable, which is at best confusing. (We've been in the latter
situation previously, for 5.0.9 / 6.0.3, and after some debate on the
day decided to include the packages in any case; I'm not sure we should
take that as precedent, however.)