Re: Moving to git

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:00:03PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>I'm playing with importing the current svn repo into git right now,
>hoping to move across soon. If anybody has problems with that, speak
>now!

I think I'm done at this point, and I'm doing some test builds to make
sure things still work OK. Doubtless there will be more cleanup needed
and maybe some tweaks for our config yet, but the switch is done. I'll
leave the old svn repo behind for now, but BE AWARE that any changes
you might make there will be missed.

Instead of the single svn repo that we used to have, I've now split
things into three:

 * debian-cd.git     - the core code, what most people follow
 * setup.git         - the local config and helper scripts that we use on
                       pettersson (used to live in /setup within svn)
 * package-lists.git - the lists of packages that have been used in
                       each stable release, data used by update-cd
                       (used to live in /lists within svn)

Each of these repos lives in the debian-cd group area; that means

  http://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-cd/$REPO    for browser access
  git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-cd/$REPO         for anon access
  git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-cd/$REPO     for authenticated access

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra