Re: What would it take to establish a mirror of cdimage.debian.org in North America?

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 06:50:20PM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
>Thanks Philip, for the thoughtful reply.
>
>Of course, jigdo is the "correct" way to do it.  But jigdo is complex
>to use (I've done it, but I couldn't explain it to my nephew when he
>wanted to do it.) And jigdo outputs to standard-out lots of minimally
>informative stuff while it's working, unless you shut it up, then
>it's *too* quiet...

Yeah, jigdo could probably do with some TLC these days...

>Perhaps the right thing to do here is to go to work on Steve
>McIntyre's fuse thingie and get it ready for prime-time.
>
>Steve?  Is it in a shape that somebody could look at it?

http://git.einval.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=jigit.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master

contains the state of the art, as far as I got it. It's more of a
prototype at the moment; it's about time I got back to it and finished
it now... Oh, for more time...

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll