Re: bittorrent seeder

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, David Leggett wrote:

I am told by uncle steve that the application that we use to seed cd images is
somewhat unreliable.

I would be willing to investigate replacing the current system.
Where do i start?

Sorry to leave this waiting. The first place to start is probably to look at the current script that generates the torrents, it is using and old and unmaintained bit of software called bittornado.

Something more current that can list multiple trackers (including dht://) would probably be the fastest and most significant fix.

After that, trying to find a working bttracker software that isn't utterly moronic. I'm not as optimistic about this being doable though.

/Mattias Wadenstein