Re: security support for lenny / upgrades from lenny to wheezy (was: How to get the stable iso for lenny)

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 05:32:23PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>Steve McIntyre:
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 04:13:28PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>>
>>> I argued that upgrading from 5.0 to 7.0 will not actually be supported
>>> (and hence, lenny will not be supported for longer than one year after
>>> squeeze release) because 6.0 wasn't released ahead of time. Did I get
>>> things right?
>>
>> I believe so, yes. There isn't a need for supporting the
>> skip-upgrade. That's not to say that it *won't* work, but it's not
>> something we are going to commit to.
>
>It might be a good idea to clarify this publicly. Is there a meta
>package to which I may report this bug? :)

You'd be best off asking for clarification from the Release Team on
debian-release.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer