Re: Feature-request: Official Debian DL-BD disc

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 01:03:36PM +0300, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
>Hi,
>May I ask you to introduce one new media for next point release of
>Squeeze (6.0.3 or 6.0.4) ?
>
>Dual-layer blue-day disc (aka DL-BD 50 GB disc) -- debian-cd tools
>already support it.
>
>It will allow us to put all of Debian (for single architecture, such
>as AMD64) into a single physical disc, for those people whom have
>BD-RW hardware (blue ray writers).
>Perhaps only for jigdo this time...
>I ask because it will make life easier for me, and it has really zero
>chance for regressions for the rest of Debian users.
>
>Should I open official bug/feature-request on this ?

Please do. I'll need more people to ask for the DL-BD to make it a
regular part of the official builds, but I can build one alongside
6.0.3 as a one-off as the very least...

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead