Re: Modify Squeeze Netinstaller CD (including Firmware)

Hi,

> It seems like the issue is the bsdtar command.Bsdtar morphs the
> correct vmlinuz image into "data".
> [...]
> After using 7z to extract the iso, all is working fine!

Aha. That would be a problem between libarchive and xorriso.
Maybe you should file a bug for bsdtar resp. libarchive and
cc pkg-libburnia-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org for xorriso.

Nevertheless i just tested with my setup from diagnosing the
old bugs

 $ libarchive-2.8.4/debian/bsdtar/usr/bin/bsdtar \
       -xvf ~/debian-6.0.1a-amd64-netinst.iso \
       ./install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz
 x ./install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz

 $ file ./install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz
 ./install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz: Linux kernel x86 boot executable RO-rootFS, swap_dev 0x2, Normal VGA

 $ diff /mnt/install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz ./install.amd/gtk/vmlinuz
 $

Looks ok to me.
So what version of bsdtar resp. libarchive did you use ?

> Thanks for reply!

I was a bit late, as it seems.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas