Re: Jigdo search still broken.

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 02:29:42PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 03:47:56PM +0200, thorres wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >the search for packages inside the jigdo files still does not work an
> >and leads to a 404 error.
> >(http://atterer.org/jigdo/jigdo-search.php?q=foo)
>
> ACK. We should move that content onto a proper Debian service.
> Richard, can you help with that?

Hi - sorry that the search went offline, it happened when I moved servers
and I never fixed it. But this should have been on a Debian server in the
first place...

The setup consists of a cron job to mirror .jigdo files (which could be
omitted if we set this up on cdimage) and a PHP file. Is PHP OK for Debian
machines? IIRC perl was preferred...

It doesn't build a word index, so it needs more CPU than needed, but in
practice this wasn't a problem on the old server.

Cheers,
  Richard

--
  __   ,