Re: .iso download statistics

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Steve McIntyre wrote:

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:22:18PM -0300, Rafael S. Suguiura wrote:
Hello!

I've checked the Debian Wiki Statistics page (
http://wiki.debian.org/Statistics) and I found the entry "Create new
statistics: Install CDs downloads". Is there any project working on it? I'm
interested in working on it, If there are no projects for it...

I'm not aware of anybody tracking downloads of install CDs directly at
the moment. Mattias Wadenstein is the admin in charge of the primary
cdimage.d.o server, so might know more.

The statistics we create are:
http://www.acc.umu.se/technical/statistics/ftp/

But that doesn't count any mirrors either.

Do you guys think I should also ask the debian-mirrors mailing list?

It'll probably help, yes. There are lots of mirrors... :-)

To really count cd downloads you'd need some kind of mirror-redirector-thingie off the website instead of just a mirror list. But this has other problems, especially as many users don't just download an install CD, but a set of CDs or DVDs.

/Mattias Wadenstein