Re: Getting d-i to find firmware on the CD generated by debian-cd

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 03:17:08PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 06:58:52PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>
>>I've added code into debian-cd to generate images with firmware on the
>>first CD. Add "FORCE_FIRMWARE=1" in CONF.sh. I've also tweaked the
>>build scripts so that we'll start generating them. I can see that I've
>>got all the firmware debs in /firmware in the ISO, but I don't see any
>>feedback to suggest that the installer is picking up on them. Test
>>images available at

I haven't tested it but just from this short text you seem to be doing
it wrong.

>From memory you should add the debs to the normal repository structure
on the CD under non-free and in the Release file specify that the CD
carries main and non-free. Iirc you also need to list non-free in the DI
info file but I'm not sure. Last time I did this was by hand and when
lenny was frozen.

DI then sees that you have both main and non-free on the CD and reads
main/binary-arch/Packages and non-free/binary-arch/Packages and sees all
the firmware debs (same for udebs).

MfG
        Goswin