Re: how to get the iso of debian2.0

--- On Fri, 3/5/10, s s <tiger.job@hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: s s <tiger.job@hotmail.com>
> Subject: how to get the iso of debian2.0
> To: debian-cd@lists.debian.org
> Date: Friday, March 5, 2010, 9:40 PM
>

> Hi,
>
> I want to get a stable version of debian which supports
> aout format, not elf format by default.
>
> I heart that the stable version of debian2.0 is with the
> gcc compiler which supports aout format(that means the gcc
> version is earlier than gcc-2.80, maybe is gcc-2.7.2.3) ,
> isn't it ? If yes, I want to know how to get the iso of
> debian2.0 ; If not, pls tell me which stable release of
> debian support aout format, thank you.
>
> Hotmail: Trusted email with
> powerful SPAM protection. Sign up
> now.

Hello, Debian 2.0 was Hamm, you may be looking for 1.1 Buzz which could be made to work with aout format despite the fact that things were already going to ELF with the adoption of the Linux 2.0 kernal

look here for information on aout and buzz

http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/buzz/doc/FAQ/debian-faq-4.html

i am not sure if the same thing will work on other versions or if it was dropped shortly thereafter.

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
this user is penguin powered