Re: Install from ISO for Xen guest

On Friday 07 August 2009, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I will follow up shortly with a short series of patches which
> introduces image "variants" to debian-cd and adds the Xen variant as an
> option for i386 and amd64 and a patch to the nightly cron jobs which
> enables this variant for the i386+amd64+powerpc multiarch netinst
> image.

I've committed the debian-cd changes with a few very minor (style)
corrections. The implementation is IMO quite nice and clean.

The size increase from enabling the Xen variant for the m-a netinst is
55MB (main changes are ~20MB from the extra bigmem kernel image and ~30MB
from added D-I kernels and initrds). This is a fairly big increase, but
the multi-arch netinst can handle it.

Ian: feel free to commit the changes for D-I (after the corrections) and
when that's done I'll enable the Xen variant for the CD builds.

Cheers,
FJP