Re: All the 5.0.1 ia64 images are broken, they don't boot

Hi!

nakarman schrieb:
> I downloaded different
> debian-501-ia64-businesscard.iso
> debian-501-ia64-netinst.iso
> images from different servers, they all don't boot.
> Amd64 boots clearly on the same machine.
> I've checked md5 sums etc, dists are really broken.

That's okay.  The ia64 architecture is / was the older 64-Bit processor
version from Intel (often refereed to as "Itanium"). For the 64-Bit
processors currently sold by Intel you indeed need the images for the AMD64
architecture (since this kind of 64 bit processors was firstly created by
AMD and later adopted by Intel).

For further details please see  http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd and
the links to respective architectures.

Best Regards,