creating a bootable CD ...

Hello,

I want to install debian 5 but have a stupid problem:

ich can't create a bootable CD from the debian-500-ia64-netinst.iso or debian-500-ia64-businesscard.iso. Also the debian-500-ia64-DVD-1.iso doesn't boot.

I'm not a novice so it is embarrassing, somewhere I made a stupid mistake.

I burned 8 CDs by different manufacturer with different programs (winXP - NeroBurningRom 6.6.0.8, ImgBurn 2.4.2.0) but no one is bootable on any PC.

Boot-message: "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

i did not burned the iso on the cd and i did not forgot to change bios-settings - the CDs and the DVD is readable, so it is not dirty or something...

thanks for any ideas where my mistake could be

Benjamin

Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! WEB.DE FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.web.de/?ac=OM.AD.AD008K15039B7069a