hang in kbd-mode with latest daily install on amd64

I have a Intel i7 system with a ASUS motherboard. I am trying to boot the testing install. When I boot 24 July 2009 #1 and #5 the system hangs with:

INFO: kbd-mode: setting console mode to Unidate (UTF-8).

If I boot with "bootkbd=en" is ends up with a flashing kbd-mode message with the same text. Daily image 17 July 2009 #7 boots just fine. I have tried both a PS-2 and USB keyboard - same result.

--
Dr. Harry Edmon			E-MAIL: harry@atmos.washington.edu
206-543-0547 FAX: 206-543-0308		harry@washington.edu, harry@uw.edu