Re: advertise non-free software on debian

--On March 1, 2009 11:46:33 AM +0100 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

Am 2009-03-01 13:15:05, schrieb Ne01eX:
On this page I found the advertisement non-free software. This is a
http://www.getright.com/. This is not free software, mention of which
can be found on page http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/.

And HOW do you thing could Windows User geting in touch with Debian?

FreeDownloadManager does not work on all  systems,  which  mean,  it  is
highly acceptabel to advertise a NON-FREE dowanloadmanager, which  works
on all versions of windows like 95, 95, ME, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista.

I have counted OVER 160 different downloadmanager for Windows, but  NONE
of them download correctly 4.2 GByte DVD-Images.

Under Debian GNU/Linux I evan have no problems downloading  DVD 9/20  or
BlueRay 25/50 images.

Sometimes you HAVE to do a compromise.

yup I have to agree, the state of Windows download managers is pretty abysmal, and I'm pretty sure GR still has a free trial. It's been quite a while since I've had issues with large files on Linux (well, even unixes in general).

So, to the original poster, if you can suggest a free alternative then I'm sure the Debian webmaster would be willing to consider mentioning it on that page.