No kernel nor initrd in /boot after first reboot

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my own Debian CD with preseeded choices and some extra packages. I picked a debian_40r1_i386_kde_CD_1 ISO file and hacked it to use a preseed file and added those extra packages I want tu use. Everything seems to work right, but after reboot, Grub doesn't find any kernel. And the /boot directory only contains a grub sub directory. No initrd nor vmlinuz file !

Here is my preseed file:
d-i debconf/priority string critical
d-i debian-installer/locale string fr_FR
d-i console-keymaps-at/keymap select fr
d-i clok-setup/utc boolean true
d-i time/zone string Europe/Paris
d-i netcfg/get_hostname string bmp-compil
d-i netcfg/get_domain string bmp.compil
d-i apt-setup/use_mirror boolean false
d-i apt-setup/security_host string
d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated string true
d-i passwd/root-password password root
d-i passwd/root-password-again password root
d-i passwd/user-fullname string Utilisateur de compilation BMP
d-i passwd/username string bmp
d-i passwd/user-password password bmp
d-i passwd/user-password-again password bmp
d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean true
tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard, kde-desktop
d-i pkgsel/include string kde-i18n-fr
d-i pkgsel/include string gcc libssp0 libc6-dev g++ g++-4.1 libstdc++6-4.1-dev
d-i pkgsel/include string autoconf automake autotools-dev libtool
d-i pkgsel/include string libsnmp-perl tcl8.3 tk8.3 tcl8.4 tcl8.4-dev tk8.4 tk8.4-dev
d-i pkgsel/include string flex bison linux-kernel-headers
d-i pkgsel/include string qt3-dev-tools libqt3-mt-dev d-i pkgsel/include string ncompress zip unzip genext2fs tftpd popularity-contest popularity-contest/participate boolean false
d-i preseed/late_command string chroot /target /usr/sbin/update-grub
d-i finish-install/reboot_in_progress note

If anyone could help ...

Cheers,

alain