Re: Re: Jigdo for Debian 2.2 (potato) for PPC

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 05:04:38AM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
>Brian wrote:
>
>>Thanks much for the suggestion about the alternate kernel for
>>Sarge.  That's a terrific idea and one which I never would have
>>thought to explore without your help!
>

>Hi Brian,
>
>If you haven't already gotten your emulated machine running Sarge,
>I've been told that the recently announced Debian Sarge release 3.1r7
>will have iso's available at http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/
>archive/ in a couple of days.
>
>Unfortunately, the 3.1r6 images (available there now) were created
>before Sarge changed from "stable" to "oldstable".  So they don't
>offer to actually install Sarge (it should be called "oldstable" if
>they offered it, but all they have is "stable", "testing", and
>"unstable")  This bug is supposedly fixed in 3.1r7.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately there is another major issue with 3.1r7 that we've found
in last-minute testing just before I released them. I'm hoping to get
a fix for that shortly, but for now the 3.1r7 images are on hold and
not useable. :-(

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?