Re: Etch Installation

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Josh Willingham wrote:

Sorry if you've received hundreds of these emails already. I don't
know where I would send a bug report to regarding the website.
At this time the official cd/dvd images for Etch are unavailable from
www.debian.org and all mirrors.

Well, the problem is that the space taken up by the r3 images was needed to build r4. The old r3 images are still around on ftp.de.debian.org if you need them.

I notice that the links point to old 4.0_r3 directories like
"http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r3/i386/iso-cd/"; but it looks
like there is nothing in any of the 4.0_r4 directories either like
"http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r4/"; either.

There will be stuff in _r4 in a day or two. We just hit a bug when building the new isos.

/Mattias Wadenstein