Re: Debian DVD downloading.

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 09:51:52AM +0200, Marek Sadło wrote:
> Hello !
>
> My name is Mark. I decided to download a debian linux for my computer, I
> already downloaded all the parts of it but once i try download last one,
> (this:debian-testing-i386-DVD-3.iso)<http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/iso-dvd/debian-testing-i386-DVD-3.iso>

If you already have DVDs #1 & #2 then you should probably just get
on with installing it, especially if the new machine is going to have
Internet access while you install.  Debian CD and DVD sets are built so
that you can do a successful install with no more than the first CD/DVD --
the more you add the less downloading will be needed during the install,
but you've probably got 99.9% of the packages you actually want installed
on the first 2 DVDs so the rest are probably not worth worrying about,
unless the reason you want them is something like you want to run of
copies and then sell other people complete sets, say, or you're going
somewhere with no Internet connection, and you know that a package you
want is on DVD #3.

Cheers, Phil.