Re: Why is last daily build 04 Nov?

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 11:49:11AM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
>On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 15:27 -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/ seems to have a week ago
>> as the most recent "daily" build.  I got there because I'm interested in
>> a testing Debian installer.
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today reports nothing obvious.
>>
>> For example, I'm getting files (very slowly) from
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/
>> Is jigdo relevant to those files?  Is it relevant for the
>> debian-installer itself?
>>
>> I'd appreciate a cc, since I'm not on the list.
>>

>i'm guessing because ~ a week ago the archive froze when ftp-master went
>down.

You're correct. The daily and weekly builds are triggered by the
archive being updated. I'm hoping that ftp-master.d.o will be back
soon.

Ross: you have a choice of downloading the jigdo-cd or iso-cd
files. Jigdo is a way of saving on download bandwidth/time if you have
a local mirror closer to you that can supply some of the files on the
CD. See http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ for more details.

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...