Use of VERBOSE in debian-cd

Hi all,

The debian-cd scripts are not necessarily run by hand.
A higher level script may be driving.  That, in turn, may
be driven by yet another layer of scripting.  (In fact, that's
what I'm doing now.)  Unfortunately, one cannot know that
a hierarchy of scripts used by some scripts that are being
used by my scripts are going to be unable to cope with
a non-numeric value in the environment variable, VERBOSE.
I got error messages from "list2cd" because VERBOSE was
set to "true".  Please consider being careful:

my $verbose = $ENV{VERBOSE} || 0;
if ($verbose !~ m/^\d+$/) {
    $verbose = 0;
}