Re: Etch CD/DVD testing - long!

Steve McIntyre wrote:
Finally: what are we testing?
=============================

*grin* The all-important question. Basic answer is: as much as
possible. We have quite a large matrix of tests to cover:

 * Check the businesscard CD, the netinst CD, normal CD#1, KDE CD,
   xfce CD and DVD#1, the multi-arch netinst CD and the m-a DVD (the
   latter two on *each* architecture where applicable)

PPC KDE installed to iMAC 333 MHz

 * Check the CD/DVD boots OK

boots to command line.

 * Check the graphical installer starts up (only known to work on
   *some* ppc machines) and seems to work fine

typed install and the graphic installer starts and seemed to work fine.

 * Check the text installer works fine
 * Check the various combinations of tasks for installation. This is
   particularly important for the CD#1 options.
I choose not to have a mirror and the install continued as it should.

 * Check the newly-installed system boots (to a graphical login if
   you've installed enough of the system to do that, or to a console
   login if not)
boots to console, no GDM or KDM, no desktop installed.

 * Check the contents of the sources.list on the installed system, and
   please verify that it points to "etch" or "stable" sources. NB: It
   *may* end up listing *sarge* updates from security.d.o - please
   report if it does, but we expect that to fix itself as the final
   bits of the release process happen.

both the cd and etch security where added to the sources.list.

 * ... anything else you can think of; if you believe I may have
   missed something important here, please let us/me know.

I installed KDE cd amd64 to Intel 945 motherboard, 820 duel core cpu, no
problems found. :-)

I installed KDE cd i386 to Compaq Evo n400c laptop, no problems found. :-)

--
Regards,
Jimmy