Re: Corrupt DVD Image

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:00:37AM -0700, Vitaliy Zvonarov wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I know you've heard about this problem from others already, but none of the
>DVD images I have downloaded from
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/ have passed the md5
>checksum. I have also tried booting off of them and trying the self analysis
>option and that gives the result that these DVDs are corrupt. It seems to
>only happen with the DVD version of Debian, because the CD version passed
>the MD5 test. This is not a problem of my DVD burner burning improperly
>because I never even burn the images, I emulate them with DaemonTools and
>boot off of them with "VMware Workstation", a virtual machine program. Is
>there a solution to this problem of getting corrupt DVD images when I
>download them? I have tried downloading with the built in download manager
>in firefox, with "Internet Download Accelerator" and with Azureus as a
>torrent, and they all appear to be corrupt. If you know of a better way to
>download them, that would make sure the images are not corrupt, or if you
>know what the problem might be, please let me know.

You most likely have a problem with whatever software you've used to
either download or store the images, as described in

  http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#small-dvd

The first things to check would be that the image you have downloaded
looks to be a reasonable size (just bigger than 4GB), and that it
matches the published md5sum for that image.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer