Re: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/ states SID for testing.iso

Moving this question to debian-cd, where it belongs. Please reply only to
debian-cd.

On Thursday 08 March 2007 07:52, Jeff Meldrum wrote:
> Hi, while I was downloading the net install iso for i386 at
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/i
>so-cd/ the web page title states, "Daily build #3 for sid i386". Since I
> have read that Sid is reserved for unstable and never be available as a
> net install cd the title causes some confusion. Is the testing net
> install is still Etch, Lenny or Sid?

It's a bit of both: the image installs Etch, but is based on the version
of a version of the installer that corresponds to sid. I agree though
that the title is confusing and should be improved.

> On another note, should one set-up the sources.list as etch as suppose
> to testing for the move of etch to stable to prevent Lenny from being
> implemented.

The installer will create the sources list using the release name (lenny)
instead of the suite (testing) for exactly that reason.

Cheers,
FJP