Re: draft guidelines for official CD images

* Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl) [061014 13:49]:
> I would appreciate it if we would not make hard decisions/statements on
> this NOW, but first await the post-etch discussion (or better
> investigation) on how, as a project, we can and want to support hardware
> that is technically non-free in the installer (and thus on Debian CD
> images).

Agreed.

I also don't want to make guidelines that are written in stone - they
should be a "first guide" for the usages we have now, and if we see that
something reasonable cannot be done with them, we should fix the
guidelines (and that was BTW one of the reasons why we came up with
guidelines, not with rules). So, it wasn't intended as a hard decision.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/