Re: draft guidelines for official CD images

Hi,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 11:10, Andreas Barth wrote:
> CDs for handing out at fairs. However, to allow us to do that efficiently,
> we tried to come out with some guidelines. Of course, currently this is a
> draft, and we welcome feedback.

Overall it looks good & short :) One question (or rather two: is this
appropriate for debian-release? :)

> - All "official" packages are the same as on ftp.d.o, additional packages
>   can be in other directories;

Do I understand this correctly, that I can make a official debian cd with
packages from etch and backports.d.o, as long as the latter packages are in a
different directory? I would say "no" but I read your draft differently...

regards,
	Holger

P.S: And you could specify the location of the extented README. Oh, and
another point: so live-cds are not official CDs, according to this definition
("All software that ends up on the installed system..."). I think it would be
nice to have official live-cds.