Re: rsync://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage-testing

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Richard Atterer wrote:

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 10:16:11AM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Daniel Williams wrote:
Trying to setup a rsync of cdimage-testing and there is no files at
rsync://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage-testing.

Tried using FTP but the symlinks all point to the wrong location.

Reference: http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/

There is no content there at all, it is an old location and should be
delisted from that page. All the interesting stuff is in "/cdimage/"
except for the current stable release, which is in "/debian-cd/".

You should tell me when something about the mirroring changes, so I can
update the page! What changes exactly should be made to the mirroring page?

Oops, I guess we didn't think of that much, since that location went stale a bit before the sarge release.

For now, remove the "Beta/unstable/testing images:" section. We don't have any of those at the moment. They might turn up in http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/testing/ - but that's not certain.

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_beta2/ <- that might qualify, but that won't be a generic location for "Beta/unstable/testing images:".

Poll: Is there any demand for mirroring beta/testing images?

/Mattias Wadenstein