Re: Questions about .jigdo files

At 10:17 PM 3/14/2006, Technologies Yatzek Electros - L H U P A wrote:

The Technical Support,

Debian is a volunteer organization and has no paid technical support.

We project to download Debian with JIGDO and we downloaded all of your =
official images at your website.

Perhaps you want a "mirror."

 We use i-386 and all the files to =
download in this page can be downloaded with normal Windows downloader =
system at each link. Once downloaded with Windows, what shall we do with =
these .jigdo files?

You're supposed to use the "jigdo" utility program to create
ISO images of the files you want.

 All of these files are stocked in a folder on the =
harddisk (C) and we want to know how we can download Debian images with =
these short files (44k or less or more) Nothing on the computer can open =
these files!

You read the instructions for "jigdo" and do what it says.

 Another files types named "templates" what is this? what =
shall we do with .template files? Wich utility we can attach to these =
files?

The "jigdo" utility allows you to create ISO images from Debian
"mirror" sites that do not have the formal images.

 We tried to use the Jigdo downloader and we understand nothing to =
this download system. All of the tryouts were unsuccessful! This "DOS =

What is the error message from "jigdo?"?

based gadget with command lines" abort all downloads. It is the same =
thing with these .jigdo files downloaded with Windows who the Jigdo =
downloader cannot open them from (C) for finally download the complete =
image files from your website.

There is no reason for "jigdo" to follow the Windows API and
it does not. You should not expect Windows to "open"
non-Windows files. (That said, some "jigdo" files are plain
text and others are "gzipped;" You can look at them with the
correct utility programs.)

 What shall we do? Wich technique we can =
use to download all your images to build our Debian with this JIGDO? All =
of the explanations at the Gigdo and Debian websites are not clear and =
difficult to understand!!!!!

The "jigdo" utility comes in Windows and Linux versions. The Windows
version comes with two instruction files -  a short "how-to" from
the "jigdo" author and an extensive one from Peter Salzman.

Regards, Gordon