Re: Questions about becoming a Debian vendor

Hello Kyle,

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:07:45PM -0500, kluers2@ivytech.edu wrote:
> I was wondering if there were any restrictions on what my website design
> other that it can't be offnsive?

No, there are no restrictions. We usually add vendor information and then
pay close attention to any complaints from users who actually try to
purchase from the vendor. If several people report problems, a vendor can
get de-listed quickly again.

> And I wanted to know if I had to pay Debian a roalty fee if I burnt my
> own CD's or DVD's,

No, you do not need to pay us anything. However, we would _really_
appreciate it if you donated to Debian a certain percentage of the money
you make: Creating a Linux distribution is not easy, and we are constantly
in need of sponsors to be able to buy servers, bandwidth etc.

> and if I burnt my own, would I be obligated to copy them from CD's that I
> obtain from Debian or can they be copies of downloaded images?

They can be copies of downloaded images - actually, Debian itself *only*
offers downloadable images, you cannot get CDs/DVDs directly from us.

Please read <http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/>, it contains more information.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 0x888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯