Re: Bits from the debian-cd team; more CD/DVDs being built regularly

Alle 20:11, mercoledì 20 dicembre 2006, Adam Majer ha scritto:

> I'm looking forward to the Live CD. Is it possible to have a Live DVD as
> well?

"live-package" just builds iso images and netboot tarballs, so yes, it can
produces DVDs.

Daniel Baumann tried a to produce and iso with "all" "aptitude tasks", and we
saw that a plain dvd can handle it; I think we just need to have a proper
package list or taskel list to fit it, the popcon one, maybe weighted by
hardware, or a "multiarch" dvd (This should requires some code in casper to
do it cleanly although for the impatients it can be done right now with the

Do not ever think of a dual layer live DVD, it will be a more than 25 Gb root
filesystem! (Need to check if squashfs handles it :-) *)

* Obviously it does.