Re: how do I make a jigdo

Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:52:35AM -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to make .jigdo files. All the docs I found were how to use a .jigdo to make an .iso - I need the other side.

It's a rather more involved process. What are you starting with, an
iso image or a set of files that you're making into an iso image?

both. Part of my current "project" is to learn about jigdo, so even if it isn't a good fit, I want to use it anyway just to get a grip on it.

Here is my current project: Josh made an v1.iso, I downloaded the image. Josh made some changes and made v2.iso. the source files can be put on a web server.

So currently there is /v1, /v2, v1.iso and v2.iso on the "server" side and /v1 and v1.iso on the client side.

I have remote access to Josh's box, I told Josh I would figure this out.

CarlFK