Re: error 404 when using jidgo on MS Windows: OK

Thank you all for your replies.

Gordon, your settings for the jogdo-lite-settings file was very usefull. Maybe you should show it as an example on the jogdo how-to or on the jogdo debian help pages.

Richard, yes I misspelled jigdo on the screen snapshot I have sent you, but I am sure I didn't during my previous attempts.

I am now downloading the 4th CD image.

Again, I appreciate you replied to me, and was impressed of such dedication.

Best regards

Ludovic

Gordon Huff <wa6fmx@worldnet.att.net>

02/16/2006 02:25 AM

Ludovic_Angot@ltx.com
cc
Subject

At 12:08 AM 2/15/2006, Ludovic Angot wrote:

>Hello

I see Richard has answered you.  Anyhow ...

>I installed jidgo-lite 0.7.2 on my MSwindows XP.

Me too.  I installed an archive called jigdo-win-0.7.2.zip.

>  I consulted the mini-how-to, the README, and the
> http://atterer.net/, but couldn't find out why, when I enter the
> URL of the first .jidgo file I want to download, it does connect to
> the http site, but then stops and tells me:
>
>404 not found.
>File debian-31r1-i386-binary-1.jigdo doesn't exist
>
>The URL I entered is
>http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-1.jigdo

I just tried it here - it works.

>I did download the .jidgo and .template files individually, and
>tried to run jidgo-lite from a DOS command line, but had no success neither.

This is my normal practice.

>I am connected directly to the internet, no Proxy. I haven't changed
>the jigdo-lite-settings file.
>
>Do you know what is wrong?

Here's my jigdo-lite-settings.txt file:

jigdo='http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-31r1-i386-binary-2.jigdo'
debianMirror='http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/debian/'
nonusMirror=''
tmpDir='.'
jigdoOpts='--cache jigdo-file-cache.db'
wgetOpts='--passive-ftp --dot-style=mega --continue --timeout=30'
scanMenu=''

>I don't if mails containing attachements will reach you, so I am
>sending you separately a snapshot of the dos command.

I suggest pasting any error message into an e-mail instead of some
"capture" file.
Regards, Gordon