Re: [KORG] debian-cd mirror out of control

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Mattias Wadenstein wrote:

Drop anything but the latest stable release, that is everything but the stuff in: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/

OK.  We've been mirroring from rsync://us.cdimage.debian.org/debian-jidgo/

Can I run jigdo-mirror against rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/ and have it do the right thing? If so, do I need to do --exclude *.iso, or some other magic?

Not really, jigdo-mirror assumes the old (pre-sarge) layout with separate trees of jigdos and isos. These days we consider iso, jigdo and bittorrent to be diffrent access methods of the same set to make it easier to navigate for users (even if mirorring might be slightly less convenient).

If handling a "smart" script is too much work, feel free to just rsync the entir tree. I try to keep cdimage.d.o free for mirrors by means of http- redirects at release time.

Our experiences so far in that regard, in case yo haven't seen it:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~maswan/2005-12-10/2gbit-freesoftware.html

/Mattias Wadenstein