Re: Calculate disk space.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 06:43:19PM +0530, priti Patil wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>I am worried about how to calculate the disk space aquired by the installed
>debian package and/or compiled source package on the hard disk, to decide on
>how many packages can be accomodated in a single iso.
>
>Help me please.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I'm just catching up on a large
backlog of mail...

Normally when creating CDs, the disk space we care about is the space
taken by the packages on the CD, _not_ the space that those packages
will take on the hard disk when unpacked. Are you sure that's what
you're after?

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]