Re: Using jigdo for update of 30r4 .iso set

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:08:15PM -0400, Rodger Castle wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that the 2 .jigdo and 2 .template files will
> update all 7 30r4 sets to a full 30r5 set?

Almost correct - the 2 update CDs will turn a CD set for that architecture
into an up-to-date rev5 set (so there are 14 arch-specific update CDs in
total).

In fact, AFAIK the update CDs will actually turn a _rev0_ (not just rev4)
set into a rev5 set.

In other words, giving a customer rev0 CDs plus rev0->rev5 update CDs means
giving him the same set of up-to-date packages as with rev5 CDs.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯