How to copy installation CD's to local hard drive?

I can't seem to find this answer to this anywhere I've looked, so now I am
going to turn to humans with much more experience than I.

I would like to keep a copy of the 7 installation CD's (from woody) on my
local hard disk, and to configure apt to reference the local copies, instead
of having apt prompt me to insert disc #N whenever I want to add a new
package.

Where can I find the documentation on how to do this?

--wpd

Patrick Doyle
DSP Design Engineer
(603) 546-2179

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.