Re: Changes in Debian archive updates for jigdo?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 05:42:27PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:

>Maybe it is time to attempt "step 2 of jigdo world domination"?? ;)
>
>jigdo could be made more robust by NOT deleting outdated packages from the
>main FTP archive immediately. Instead, they should be left there for
>(ideally) another 10 days or so. If this turns out to need too much space,
>it could be restricted to packages from testing/stable only.
>
>Does anyone have statistics about how much data has changed in the
>testing/unstable archives over the last months? (E.g. bandwidth
>requirements of their testing/unstable mirror?)

I've been working with manty on a better long-term solution for the
snapshots so that we can keep them around much longer on the fallback
mirror. Of course, gluck eating its disks has rather curtailed
progress on this... :-(

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra