Re: Bits from the CD team: plans for debian-cd v3.0

Steve McIntyre wrote:
 10. Signed Release files - we need a way to generate signed Release
     files on CDs, or to make apt happy with _all_ CDs (which  is
     probably dangerous).

I just wanted to let you know that there is a patch for apt that will consider all cds trusted. The patch is available as a baz (package bazaar) branch "apt--trust-cdrom--0" in my apt repository. I'm not sure that it's something we should use because of the security implications though.

Cheers,
 Michael