Segmentation fault during boot - debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso

Ciao,

few days ago I've downloaded debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso image file for the network
installation.
Then I've created the CD and started the installation process on my laptop:

HP Pavilion zd7066ea
Pentium4 CPU 3.2 GHZ
RAM 1.5 GB
HD 80 GB
SO: windows xp home edition

On my main hd I've different partitions all formatted as NTFS, then I've created another partition
of 5 GB. During the installation process, the installer formatted this partition has ext3 and
created the related swap partition. At the end, I've installed the grub manager, then the
installer asked me to remove the CD and reboot the laptop.

During boot, occurred an error, follows all things that I could write down from the display:

PROCESS MODPROBE PID 425 stackpage f5231000
/etc/rcS.d/S386discover: line 204: 425 segmentation fault modprobe $MODULE

usb-uhci disabled in configuration
ehci-hcd disabled in configuration

Running 0dns-down to make sure resdv.conf is ok... done
Setting up networking... done
Starting hotplug subsystem:
   pci
      ohci 1394: already loaded

<6> Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
   options [pci] [cardbus] [pm]

from here, it seems that some input is expected, I tried to insert all the 3 different options
(obviously booting 3 times) but each time after my input, the system seems is waiting for a long
time without no other message.

Could you please help me to go further the booting ?

I thank you in advance.
Best regards
Patrizio

http://mail.yahoo.it