Re: sarge install report

A J Stiles wrote:

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 16:37, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:59:14PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
cd image from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/amd64 is broken.
seems no modules on the kernel ... many complications.

installed trought sid installer, then force reinstall all system on
sarge. openoffice.org ... i heard that it would compile under 64 bits ...
anyone has any version of ooo that compiles in amd64?
openoffice 2.x is supposed to be 64bit able, openoffice 1.x is not.  Only
32bit openoffice is available for now.

Len Sorensen

I heard that Elvis Presley wrote a letter to Lord Lucan with OO.o 64 bit proving how the moon landings were faked!

Seriously, I tried the latest CVS version with only partial success ..... basically, I hacked out as much of the self-detecting / previously-set-variable-checking stuff as I could find, and forced it to use the correct architecture. I had to give it up when something more important cropped up {my 64-bit box is at work and I do occasionally have to do some work from time to time} and I couldn't for the life of me remember afterward what I had done with it to get it working; just that whatever it was I did, it wasn't working anymore.

I'll try again whenever next I can spare the time, but that might not be for awhile.

well ... i think that with some effort (not that big) ooo could be compiled under amd64. I don't understand do much of programing and packaging ... and ... almost compiled it ... just some errors ... but ... i don't know much further.

openoffice.org-amd64 does the tryck ... can you put inside debian-amd64 dir some "volatile" hacks? like that ooo hack.
and others.

openoffice.org is an important tool for desktop. (well ... am i the only one that wants to keep debian sarge on the desktop?)

Also ... can you confirm that azureus fails to run in amd64? from unstable?

Oh ... AND VERY IMPORTANT ... THE MOST IMORTANT ... cd image is BROKEN. cc'ed do debian-cd .