Re: How to copy installation CD's to local hard drive?
- To: "Doyle, Patrick" <WPD@dtccom.com>
- Cc: debian-cd <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: How to copy installation CD's to local hard drive?
- From: Giuseppe Sacco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:36:50 +0200
- Message-id: <1112989010.3471.59.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <3EDBCCE80E95E744A99895CA464987C4018F0E@dtcsrvr09>
- References: <3EDBCCE80E95E744A99895CA464987C4018F0E@dtcsrvr09>
Il giorno ven, 08-04-2005 alle 14:58 -0400, Doyle, Patrick ha scritto:
> I can't seem to find this answer to this anywhere I've looked, so now I am
> going to turn to humans with much more experience than I.
> I would like to keep a copy of the 7 installation CD's (from woody) on my
> local hard disk, and to configure apt to reference the local copies, instead
> of having apt prompt me to insert disc #N whenever I want to add a new
just copy all CDs as subdirectories of /where/you/have/space and tell
apt to point to the files. Please see the man page for sources.list and
the "file" URI method.