Re: Sarge installation - want to install testing but always have unstable

Jean Coiron wrote:
> For example with the first CD downloaded from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/rc2/ when the install is
> over, I login, cat /etc/apt/sources.list and find :
> Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 CD
> (20041104)  unstable main contrib

I think this is an artifact of the current pre-release sarge CDs having
testing, unstable, and even stable all symlinked to sarge on the CD.
It's not idea, but it only affects pulling packages from that single CD,
so it doesn't really matter that it says "unstable" there; the CD is a
CD of testing and that's what you installed.

If you set up sources.list to use a debian mirror instead of a CD, be
sure to put "testing" in; this should happen by default if you let the
installer set up a mirror in sources.list for you.

--
see shy jo