Re: Debian with AMD proccessor

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

Hi Edgardo, and debian-cd,

Edgardo J. Vazquez Mieles escreveu:
:: Hi, my computer at home have a AMD Proccessor and i
:: would like to know what debian i have to download,
:: cuz i already have the 7 cds of Debian but for
:: intel (i386), please let me know which one i have
:: to download.

    You can use the CDs you already have. :) When we
say Intel (i386), we also include the similar architectures,
which means the entire x86 intel family (386, 486, 586 -
Pentium, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4) and also AMD
family (K5, K6, K6-II, K7), cyrix and similar products. :)

[1]http://www.debian.org/releases/

    Take a look at this [1]page, then you can understand
a little bit more about our releases. At last but not least,
the debian-cd maillist is aimed to discuss the process of
creating Debian CD sets, official and unofficial. You should
try debian-user or a [2]localized list in your language. :o)

[2]http://lists.debian.org/users.html

    Best Regards,

Ok, will try it, its weird cuz i was trying it and didnt boot, will try again to see what happen