Re: researcher seeking torrent logs

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Daniel Stutzbach wrote:

Hello,

I'm a PhD student at the University of Oregon studying peer-to-peer
distribution systems.  I'm looking to acquire BitTorrent tracker logs
for analysis to develop a better understanding of BitTorrent's
behavior in actual deployment.

Since you provide .torrent files for Debian CD images, I was wondering
if you currently store these logs and might be open to sharing them
with me, or could be persuaded to begin storing them if you currently
don't.  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated,
useful for my research, and, ultimately, help to enhance the
efficiency and effectiveness of BitTorrent and similar tools.

Sure (unless someone else objects strongly), misc logs are turned into public stats now and then anyway. I don't keep too much of a backlog though, currently one week. They end up at 5-20 megabytes gzip:ed.

/Mattias Wadenstein